Wednesday 6 June 2012

My first positive kit and first little angel

After we decided to go ahead with our marriage plan and having positive thought, we took the gynae advised. We started trying for baby even though  our wedding date is about 5 months away. To our surprise after trying for the first month, I am pregnant. I tested for pregnancy when I missed my mense, although is a very faint positive. My boyfriend (husband now) was so surprise and happy.

Immediately I rushed down to my gynae clinic hopefully my baby will be in safe hand. My gynae tested on my HCG, she confirmed I am pregnancy but she said my level is too low for 5 weeks pregnancy (HCG = 145) and ultrasound cannot see anything. She advised me to rest and be careful of any bleeding symptom as that may be a miscarriage.

Upon hearing that my heart sink, feeling very mixed and confused and so is my boyfriend then (husband then). The very next day, when I just reached my work place, I started to feel cramp and abit wet. Rushed to the toilet and saw blood, started crying and immediately rushed down to my gynae. They tested my HCG again. Bad news - - - my HCG level dropped (140). My gynae said even though my HCG level did not drop alot, but dropping of HCG is a bad sign accompany with bleeding and also HCG level not very high. Tried doing a vagina scan, still can't see anything, not even a sac. My gynae wants us to decide whether we wait for the fetus to be bleed out completely or do a D & C. She said the disadvantages of waiting are (1) if it did not bleed out completely on its own, it will cause infection and D & C will still be require to get rid of the remaining; (2) I may need to come back every 2-3 days to see if my HCG went down to "0" to make sure all bleed out (3) I may have ectopic pregnancy where scan not able to be seen. After discussion with my boyfriend then (husband now), we decided to proceed with D & C to prevent any further emotional pain and infection. My gynae said she will do D & C and do a dye test through laparoscopy to make sure it is not ectopic pregnancy, so we proceeded with the operation on the very day.

After the operation, my gynae told me it's not ectopic pregnancy, she done dye test to my tubes and tubes are clear and unblocked. She suspected this is a chemcial pregnancy and confirmed that I really have a bicornuate uterus. Gynae said I need to rest for 3 mense cycles before I can start trying again. So sad and depress.


No comments:

Post a Comment