Monday 18 June 2012

Lost of 2nd angel... Due to bicornuate uterus

I am so happy that I finally got pregnant again. Was very careful this time. I quitted my job after I knew I was pregnant (5 weeks) and stayed bed rest. But I still started to bleed when I was about 6 weeks. I have fresh blood gushing out and I rushed to A & E. At the hospital, my gynae arrived and checked on me and my little one. She said she saw heartbeat of my little one and assured that I should be alright. Then I asked her but I was bleeding, why was that so. She said it could be my other uterus has not detected that I am pregnant and was having mense or it just be sign of threatened miscarriage. She said she can't give me a definite answer due to me having a bicornuate uterus. She said the size of the sac and fetus looks alright and proper size and my cervix is closed. So my gynae gave me duphaston and a jab and asked me to stay bedridden at home to monitor my bleeding.

Feel so helpless and stress day by day. After a week and went back for follow up, on the screen of the ultrasound, my gynae can't find any heartbeat of my fetus. After hearing that I was so scared and started crying. She said she would want me to do a detailed scan immediately to confirm if there is still heartbeat of my fetus. Radiographer at the detailed scan office, was searching high and low and by looking at her face just tell me its all gone. I looked and at her and asked if she can find anything, she looked back at me and shaked her head and said "Sorry". My tears bursting out and hugged my husband and cried badly.

Back at to clinic, my gynae told me the report stated that the fetus is only 6week plus where I am supposed to be 7 weeks. That means my fetus has stopped growing and beating for few days, gynae advised to do a D & C immediately to prevent any infection.

Went back for follow up after the D & C, asked my gynae what happen and how can we prevent or to help. She said there is nothing much you can do as sometime is the shape of the uterus, may also be the chronosome of the fetus is abnormal. She asked to just rest for 3 cycles of mense before trying again. There goes my second little angel in heaven.....

No comments:

Post a Comment